Sunday, February 5, 2012

Buried Treasures 3

Yesterday was an important day for me. After almost a year of full-time study and practice, I finally began my new career as a massage therapist. My first client had made an appointment for 5 p.m. and I was a bit nervous before it; butterflies in the stomach, that sort of thing. To regain my composure, I read my first ever Susan story, Susan's School Play. This is the colour frontispiece of the Collins Annual, showing cheeky Peregrine dressed in a nymph's tunic backstage. The other girls take to him, but Susan and Midge have had their fill and concoct a plan to get rid of him. I love this story. And when my client arrived, I was much more relaxed and thankfully all went well, thanks to this wonderful short story...

No comments:

Post a Comment